Updated: July 26th, 2023
What Personal Data does AfriPass.NET MarketPlace Collect?
We collect Personal Data about you from:
- when you provide such information directly to us, and
- when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Service (for more information, please see the below paragraph titled Information Collected Automatically).
- Third parties, both when they provide us with Personal Data about you and when we seek out information for Profiles, as discussed below (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Data with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Service, or Third Parties may help us provide you with customer support, and in doing so, may provide us with information about you.
- Other networks connected to the Service. If you provide any Third-Party account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Service through a Third-Party site or service (for example, using LinkedIn, Salesforce, Twitter, Facebook, Google, HubSpot or Outreach), you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us.
- Advertising partners. We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our Service, advertisements, or communications.
AfriPass.NET also creates profiles of people and companies, which we call “Profiles,” based on information gathered from different sources. Once we have collected information (primarily business-related information) about a person or company, we combine multiple mentions of the same person or company into a Profile. Profiles are then made available to users of the Service, and our customers and strategic partners.
When we create or enhance Profiles about individuals, we may collect this information from multiple sources, including:
- Publicly-available web sources that we scan using technology or manual methods.
- User contributions about themselves or other people and companies.
- Research conducted internally by AfriPass.NET.
- Other companies and data partners that license information to us.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
|Category of Personal Data||Examples||What is the source of this Personal Data?|
|A.||Personal identifiers (including in connection with building Profiles)||Name, email address, address, phone number, IP address, username/password*, social media profile IDs/links, personal website URL ||You|
|B.||Customer records identified by state law (including the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)))||Name, phone number, employment history, credit card type, credit card number, credit card expiration month/year, CVC code||You|
|C.||Protected classification characteristics under state or|
federal law (including sensitive personal information)
|Optional Profile data, such as gender, race*, sexual orientation*||You|
|D.||Internet or other similar network activity information||Website & application usage, interaction w/ advertisement, browser/platform/device used, search history, tokenized information (to the extent it constitutes Personal Data), paywall hashes (to the extent it constitutes Personal Data)||You|
|E.||Geolocation data||Approximate location derived from IP address, location data (city, country, state)||You|
|F.||Professional or employment-related information (including in connection with building Profiles)||Employment history, use cases about you, role, current & past companies, current & past job titles, biography description, press references, professional investments, education, events, board and advisor roles||You|
|G.||Account access credentials*||AfriPass.NET Global MarketPlace account login information, including password||You|
|H.||Personal Data a user chooses to enter into a free text field within the Service||Any Personal Data a user chooses to provide.||You|
The following sections provide additional information about how we collect your Personal Data.
Information Collected Automatically
The Service may use both cookies that we implement, and cookies implemented by our suppliers and other Third Parties. “First-party” cookies allow your browser to engage with the actual website that you are visiting, whereas “third-party” cookies allow your browser to engage with third-party websites, such as the source of an ad that appears on the website you are visiting or a third-party analytics provider.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These Cookies are necessary for the Service to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these Cookies, but some parts of the Service will not then work.
- Functional Cookies. These Cookies enable the Service to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our Service. If you do not allow these Cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies. These Cookies may be set through our Service by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these Cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media. These Cookies may be set through our Service by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these Cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. Our website includes social media features, such as LinkedIn “Share” and “Follow” buttons. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Service (in which case you can manage them as explained below) and enable us or the social network to obtain information about how you interact with our Service or the social network. In addition, where we have a presence on social media platforms, those platforms will set Cookies on your device when you visit our pages on their platforms so that we can obtain statistical information about how you interact with our social media presence. The cookies policy of the social media platform should explain how you can manage the Cookies that they set or you may also be able to manage these Cookies as explained below.
To find out more information about the Cookies we use visit our Knowledge Center articles To find out more information about Cookies in general, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
You can adjust your Cookies preferences for the Service by clicking here.
Information about Interest-Based Advertisements: We may serve advertisements, and also allow third-party ad networks, including third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms, to serve advertisements through the Service. These advertisements may be targeted to users who fit certain general profile categories or display certain preferences or behaviors (“Interest-Based Ads”). Information for Internet-Based Ads (including Personal Data) may be provided to us by you, or derived from the usage patterns of particular users on the Service and/or services of third-parties. Such information may be gathered through tracking users’ activities across time and unaffiliated properties, including when you leave the Service. To accomplish this, we or our service providers may deliver Cookies, including a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Service. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Web beacons allow ad networks to view, edit or set their own Cookies on your browser, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
Several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of, and greater control over, ads that are customized based on a consumer’s online behavior across different websites and properties. To make choices about Interest-Based Ads from participating third parties, including to opt-out of receiving behaviorally targeted advertisements from participating organizations, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt-out pages, which are located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Users in the European Union should visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s user information website https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Service. We use Personal Data for the following business or commercial purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Service, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the Service.
- To create and manage your account or other user Profiles.
- To personalize your experience, website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the Service.
- To process orders or other transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To market, improve, and develop the Service, including testing, research, analysis, and product development (including creation, enhancement, and distribution of Profiles).
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Service.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. We only use and disclose sensitive Personal Data of California residents for the purposes specified in the CCPA. The criteria we use to determine how long to retain your Personal Data is described in the section below, titled “Data Security and Retention.”
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your e-mail address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses or email you about your use of the Service. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Service. If you do not want to receive communications from us, you may opt out of e-mail alerts for saved lists/searches in your account settings and may unsubscribe from marketing e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail in question. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or livechat with our 24/7 team and we will be happy to assist you.
How We Disclose Your Personal Data
Disclosures of Personal Data for a Business Purpose
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of Personal Data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own, manufacture, was manufactured for us, or we control.
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
- Service providers, including:
- Subscription management providers and payment processors
- Security and fraud prevention consultantsHosting and other technology and communications providersAnalytics providers
- Customer relationship management and customer support providers
- Ad networks
- Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
- Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part), including a sale of a portion or all of our assets.
- Other parties at your direction.
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Service)
- Social media services (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the Service)
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Service
- Other parties authorized by you
- Business partners
- In some cases, we may disclose information about your use of the Service to your employer or other users within your organization
If you are a California resident, the following chart details the categories of Personal Data that we disclose and have disclosed about you for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, by reference to the categories listed in table under the section above titled “Categories of Personal Data We Collect.” Categories of Personal Data listed below that are considered “sensitive” under CCPA are denoted with an asterisk.
|Categories of Personal Data||Categories of recipients|
|A.||Personal identifiers||Service providers, Customers, Ad networks|
|B.||Customer records identified by state law||Service providers|
|C.||Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law*||Service providers, Customers|
|D.||Internet or other similar network activity information||Service providers|
|E.||Geolocation data||Service providers, Customers|
|F.||Professional or employment-related information||Service providers, Customers|
|G.||Personal Data a user chooses to enter into a free text field within the Service||Service providers, Customers|
|H.||Account access credentials*||Service providers|
Sales of Personal Data and Sharing of Personal Data with Certain Advertisers
At AfriPass.NET Global MarketPlace, we collect information from a variety of sources (including information contributed directly by you and/or our user community) in order to compile Profiles about entities and individuals. Please refer to the chart in the section above titled “Categories of Personal Data We Collect” for a better understanding of the Personal Data we collect that constitutes Profile data.
In this section, we use the terms ‘sell’ and ‘share’ as those terms are defined in the CCPA. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share Personal Data of consumers under 16 years of age. However, we do sell, and, in the preceding 12 months, we have sold your Profile data to our customers and data partners (such as resellers and syndication partners) in conjunction with our all-in-one prospecting solutions and private-company data offerings, which help customers and data partners grow their business and teams, subject to your right to opt-out of these sales (see the “Your Rights” section below for information about how to opt-out). A full list of the information we sell and have sold in the preceding 12 months is provided below.
We may also share, and, in the preceding 12 months, have shared your information (see the information we share and have shared in the preceding 12 months below) with certain advertisers in order to help provide our ads to you. This type of sharing is also subject to your right to opt out (see the “Your Rights” section below for information about how to opt-out).
Over the past twelve months, we have sold and/or shared the following categories of your Personal Data to the following categories of third parties:
- A. Personal identifiers – Customers, data partners
- C. Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law – Customers, data partners
- F. Professional or employment-related information – Customers, data partners
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data.
You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data that we hold in our records, no security system is impenetrable, and unanticipated system failures or the efforts of malicious actors are an unfortunate reality on the Internet. Therefore, AfriPass.NET cannot guarantee that Personal Data during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide the Service. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation.
Personal Data of Children
As noted in the Terms of Service, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children under 16. If you are a child under 16, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Service or send us any Personal Data. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Resident Rights
You have a right to request the following information about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data by emailing privacy@afripass,net or submitting a request using this form our 24/7 global livechat button:
- categories of Personal Data we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose, sold, or shared;
- categories of sources from which we collected Personal Data;
- the business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, and/or sharing Personal Data;
- categories of third parties to whom the Personal Data was disclosed for a business purpose, sold, or shared; and
- specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Service or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
You have a right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Data we maintain about you.
Personal Data Sales/Sharing Opt-Out and Opt-In
You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing (as both terms are defined under the CCPA) of your Personal Data. To do so, click the following link: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
For information on how we process opt-out preference signals, see the section above, Information Collected Automatically.
Once you have submitted an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your Personal Data for at least 12 months. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Data sales at any time by creating a new public profile for yourself, or opt back in to Personal Data sharing by adjusting your Cookies preferences.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise any of these rights by sending us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data (such as your email address, first and last name, and/or government issued ID), and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney document, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we may require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may have different tiers of services as allowed by applicable data protection laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates, or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of Personal Data that we receive from you.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account, or click the following link:
Information for Individuals Located in the EEA and the UK